Can you not stand losing of a bunch of saved data in your external hard drive? If your Toshiba external hard drive constantly goes undetectable, then it is the time to take the situation under concern. Whenever a similar situation comes in, there are some tips to Troubleshoot Toshiba External Hard Drive not Working Error.
- No matter what brand you are using, you can connect the external hard drive with a new USB port to check whether it works or not.
- Check whether the hard drive is physically impaired or not.
For physically damages hard drives, there are very little that you can do except take it to the repair center.
Effective Solutions to Fix Toshiba External Hard Drive Not Working Error Up Easily:
But if there is no physical damage but still the hard drive goes undetected, try the following solutions to get your Toshiba external drive fixed without any data loss.
Solution 1: When the Toshiba Hard Drive is Not Working
Fix 1: Check USB Hub Power Management
- First, click on Start button followed by typing ‘devmgmt.msc’ command.
- Press the Enter button to open ‘Device Manager’.
- Expand the ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ and thus right click on the ‘USB Root Hub’.
- Choose ‘Properties’ and then navigate to ‘Power Management’.
- Uncheck the ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’ checkbox.
If these steps do not work, track down to the Fix 2.
Fix 2: Reboot Your System into Safe Mode
Rebooting your system will point out where the exact problem is.
- Navigate to Settings followed by clicking on Update and Security.
- Open Recovery option to choose Advanced Startup.
- Click on Restart Now to boot into another Startup settings screen.
- When the system starts, press F4 to boot into Safe Mode.
- As soon as you enter into Safe Mode, check whether the external hard drive is detected or not.
There is nothing to worry about if the external device is not identified by the system. There are lots of other solutions that you can try to make the device working again.
Solution 2: Fix up Internal Errors by Running Disk Check.
If you are having Hard Disk Drive Not Working Issue, run disk check up to fix and repair internal errors. Try out the following options to fix the error up:
Option 1: 3 Steps to Resolve External Hard Drive not Working Error with Partition Manager Freeware
- First, you need to launch EaseUS Partition Master Free.
- Click on Check Partition to have a look on the partition that you want to check.
- Click on Ok and let the EaseUS Partition Master check the hard drive disk partition problems and repair them automatically.
- Finish the process by clicking on Ok.
Option 2: Run CMD to Fix Toshiba External Hard Drive not Working Error
- First, you need to press the Windows and the R button together to generate run dialog box.
- When the Run dialog box opens up, type cmd and thus press Enter button to open Command Prompt.
- Now type ‘chkdsk /f c:’ to run the disk checkup process by hitting the Enter button.
- When the disk checkup finishes, type Exit command to exit the command prompt.
Check whether these options have worked or not and then proceed further.
Solution 3: Install and Uninstall Toshiba Hard Drive Drivers
- Type devmgmt.msc and then press Enter after clicking on the Start button.
- When the Device Manager opens up, Expand Universal Serial Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Now click on Uninstall to uninstall every USB device found there.
Check whether the Toshiba hard drive is unrecognized by the system or not:
- If it is unrecognize, click on drivers tab and thus delete or uninstall the driver.
- Now check whether you can find the external hard drive in My Computer or My PC or not.
- If the hard drive does not show up there, you need to reboot or restart your PC.
- If it appears and disappears again, follow these above steps and thus navigate to Disk Management.
- From there, change the drive letter of your external Toshiba hard drive.
- Connect it with the system again and let the system detect it again.
Get Rid of Toshiba Device Related Technical Glitches with Our One Stop Solution:
Whenever and wherever your device stops working and shows errors like Toshiba external hard disk not detected, get back to our professionals now. Our elaborated guidance and approach will make troubleshooting easier and handy. Whether the problem is Toshiba external device related or internal related, our Toshiba Customer Support takes care of all.