Error Code 0xc00000f Windows 10
Error code 0xc00000f is a Rare Blue Death Screen (BSOD) fatal Windows error that occurs after downloading new software or upgrading the OS. It could sound like that. Where Windows 10 users have the luxury of having so many advanced features, there is time when users face differentiated issues. When the mistake is detected, the user will be stopped from continuing to function.
Encountering this error does not mean that the OS is damaged. It only means that the OS encounters a problem at the point when it starts to access some files. The error can occur when you start the computer or in the course of instructing the computer to access a hardware, which can be a USB inserted in a port or a printer on a shared network. The occurrence of Stop Error Code 0x0000007e leads to the blue screen of death.
Causes of Error Code 0xc00000f in Windows 10
Error code 0xc00000f in Windows 10 is One user-reported common error code. The Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifies this error as a concern. Once the error happens it comes with a message of error indicating that your machine needs repair. This also sets out a list of suggestions.Every software problem comes with a solution to successfully repair and resolve the Windows Error code 0xc00000f . The key workarounds for fixing the error are testing, finding the problem and repairing the device, then going forward to correct or restore the boot configuration data and generating EFI system partitioning.
Before we focus on the possible cures, let’s understand the causes behind it. Usually, the Boot Manager cannot locate the BCD (Boot Configuration Database) file in the system owing to the following reasons:
Reasons why you get error 0xc000000f on Windows 10
You get error 0xc000000f on Windows 10 due to the following reasons:
- Corrupt boot sector due to infections or power outage
- Damage External device or power cord
- Corrupt system drivers, system files
- Damaged hard disk
- Improper shutdown
- Virus/Malware infection.
- Outdated system or hardware drivers.
- Outdated or incorrect system BIOS.
- Incompatible system or hardware drivers.
- Limited space on the hard disk.
Solve Boot BCD Error Code 0xc00000f In Windows 10
The below listed solutions have the possibility to fix the Window 10 problem. In the given sequence you will need to obey the steps and instructions exactly. The resolutions provided below are very much feasible so it is easy to bring back your Windows to the normal condition assuring data security.
Method 1 – Detach the devices or USB linked with your Computer
Normally the USB devices which are connected to the computer or laptop ports are the main reason for this mistake. So detaching the cables or the USB is necessary. You will then have to restart your computer to ensure that the error is fixed.
The damaged power cord can cause the Windows to stop booting up abruptly as the power supply is interrupted. It is advisable to remove all external devices from the computer before acting.
Step 1: Turn off the Windows device.
Step 2: Disconnect it from the power source. Check the power cord for any visible sign of wear and tear. If so, replace it before plugging it back on. If it looks healthy, perform the following steps.
Step 3: Remove all connected devices like microphone, USB devices, webcam, dongles, and other electronic accessories one by one.
Step 4: Power on the device to try again.
Method 2 – Verify your Hard Drive
Before going any further, make sure your computer hardware doesn’t create the problem. In that case you need to run CHKDSK tool and search your hard disk first.
- Place your CD / DVD installation on the drive, and start your machine. Select repair machine moving below once you have installed the correct language, keyboard.
- Go to the boot drive for Windows which is usually the C:\-> Click Next.
- When the screen shows the Device Recovery Options-> Run the Prompt command following the options. Type in and execute the commands.
Your second move should be to do away with unnecessary files on your computer that take up valuable space. This solution will work if the 0x0000007e error occurs after starting your computer.
1. Restart your computer.
2. Press “F8” key to load the “Recovery screen“.
3. Click “Advanced Repair Options.”
4. Click “Troubleshoot.”
5. Click “Advanced Options.”
6. Click “Windows Startup Settings.”
7. Click “Restart.”
8. Your computer will restart in safe mode. Remove all the temporary files, program backup files and Internet cache files on the resultant “Recovery Console.”
Restart your computer normally and do whatever you were doing to see whether or not the error 0x0000007e is fixed.
Method 3 – Repair PC from Configuration Wizard
Follow patch to address Error Code 0xc00000f in Windows 10 on your Mac. You need to make sure you have a compatible Bootable like: CD / DVD, USB, or Flash Drive.
- Attach the CD / DVD and pick the language you want to install, time and currency format, and method of input that keyboard with the relevant drop downs-> Click Next.
- From the setup wizard, pick Fix your Computer. If the system starts without any error, allow the tool to auto fix the error.
Method 4 – Repair your Computer
Whether you’re keeping a bootable CD / DVD, Pen Drive or USB drive it’s great, you’ll need to produce one if you’re now. Follow the steps below to produce one of Windows 10’s bootable pen drive, CD / DVD and Windows 8’s.
- Plug USB drive, pen drive, Play DVD / CD into the provided port, or optical DVD drive into the installation unit.
- Reboot your Mac, and click F2, F3, F4, Del or Esc depending on your computer. Once the BIOS screen is shown, pick the right Boot Order.
- Set up your USB disk, pen player, DVD / CD disk name in the boot system first row.
- Press F10 to save the changed settings, and restart your computer again. The machine eventually restarts with good installation media and fixes Error Code 0xc00000f in Windows 10.
Method 5– UPDATE BIOS
This solution will only work if the error occurs long after starting your computer. Note that the Basic Input and Output System (BIOS) plays the important role of informing the OS whether or not installed hardware are available for use. Any issue in the system leads to the occurrence of error 0x0000007e.
- Click “Start” on your computer.
- Type “msinfo32″ or 64 in the search box.
- Click “System Summary.”
- Note down the displayed date and version of the BIOS.
- Connect your computer to the Internet.
- Access your computer’s or your computer’s motherboard manufacturer website.
Check to see whether or not your computer’s BIOS is the latest. You need to download the latest BIOS software just in case your computer’s software is outdated.
You need to pay close attention to BIOS software installation instructions to prevent damaging your computer beyond repair. Restart your computer after upgrading the BIOS and do what you were doing before the Stop error 0x0000007e occurred to see if it is fixed.
Method 6 – REMOVE THIRD-PARTY DRIVERS
Third-party drivers can easily cause error 0x0000007e. Removing them can quickly repair the error. This solution only works if the error occurs after starting your computer.
1. Create a temporary folder to host all the third-party drivers installed on your computer. You need to create the folder in the same sub-directory containing the OS. This is because some machines make use of either IDE or SCSI controller drivers by third-parties.
2. Transfer all the third-party drivers to the temporary folder.
3. Restart your computer and revert to what you were doing to see if the error is fixed.
If the error is fixed, then it means that installation of the third-party drivers was not correct. You can easily rectify this by;
1. Transfer the third-party drivers back to their original location one after another. You need to restart your computer every time you transfer a driver to see if the error occurs. If the error occurs after moving a particular driver, then that driver is the culprit.
2. Connect your computer to the Internet to access the website of that specific driver’s manufacturer.
3. Download to install the latest available driver.
4. Complete the transfer of the other divers.
5. Restart your computer.
The error should be fixed.
One of these solutions should be useful in correcting error 0x0000007e. It will be necessary to revert your computer back to an earlier date when it runs without the occurrence of the error. It is only in rare cases that you may need to perform full re-installation of the OS.
Related blog: error code 0xc0000034 windows 10
Fixed windows error code 0xc00000f at just one call!
You can instantly contact the Windows customer service team via phone or email in case the error still persists. Instead you can use our blog, a reputable service provider, to communicate with the professional Windows expert team. The in-house team ensures Windows 10 repair is fast and feasible. The department can be contacted using the toll-free phone number
Solution : error code 0xc0000034 windows 10